Rose City Style Guide’s Top 6 Must Have Summer Beauty Products
From bad hair days, running mascara or a shiny face, these 6 handpicked beauty products help tackle this seasons most annoying beauty dilemmas. Tried and tested by myself, I swear by these babies!
- MAC Cosmetics Lip Glass – I’m pretty positive that most already have this product in their beauty wheelhouse but this product is available in a variety of shades and can create both a high gloss or subtle sheen. It also contains Jojoba Oil to help soften and condition your lips. Essentially a staple.
- Kevin Murphy’s Thickening Lotion– If you are like me, who has a whole whack of fine hair- my hair easily falls flat. After chatting with Dry Parlour Inc. Stylist Michelle, she introduced me to the power of this little bottle. This Magic lotion is Infused with essential oil of Amyris and Elemi. Heat activated, the weightless lotion will thicken hair, providing natural movement and body. Rayon particles create a thicker surface making fine hair act thicker. I make sure to get my roots to get that natural lift and volume every time.
- Dry Bar Detox Dry Shampoo– This quick fixer upper absorbs oils and impurities while giving more body to my roots (again the issue with the fine hair) The smell of this product is amazing! (my husband even had thought I was wearing a new perfume) the best part is that you don’t get that grey hair look after applying.
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray– My go to for boating and beach days where there is no hope to keeping a polished look, this spray adds volume and texture to get that sexy wind-blown feel. Salt Infused, the spray gives you hold and fullness you can pull off anywhere.
- The Porefessional Agent Zero Shine– Let’s be honest, its hot in the summer! Which means I’m going to get a little sweaty, but I would prefer everyone else not to know and with the help of this product it makes it oh so much easier. Now one of my favourite items thanks to recently winning a Benefit Canada Prize Pack courtesy of Spark Sessions, I get smooth, fresh-faced skin with this shine-control powder that instantly mattifies the complexion. Also the built-in brush applicator makes this the ideal purse companion for touch-ups on the go.
- They’re Real! Mascara– Another product I was introduced to by Spark Sessions, Benefit Canada’s Contest Prize, this product lives by its name. This Mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates for almost a false lashes look. For added summer value, it does not come off with just water, so go splash around all day and take it off with a makeup remover at night.
What are your Summer Beauty Essentials?