Just in time for the holiday entertaining season I chance to try the new Nespresso Verturoline from Home Outfitters and let me just say it’s entirely changed my #butfirstcoffee morning situation. With the click of a button, I have a barrista-worthy latte with no stopping at at my local starbucks. I’ve had a ton of fun experimenting with different recipes using the Verturoline and the Aeroccino+ milk frother and included a few of my favourites below! But most of all, this Nespresso machine is a must-have for entertaining. I can literally be my very own coffee shop making everything from flavored coffee to an espresso, latte or macchiato for our guests!
Want to take a peak at all the possibilities with Nepresso? Check out their online recipes here!
One of my favourite recipes was actually one of the simplest! The Hazelnut Cappuccino was like a warm nutella treat fit for any cold morning. See how to make your own below!
A classic recipe revisited as a delicious Espresso. Wrapped in smooth milk foam, every Grand Cru takes on the subtle aromas of hazelnut.
- capsule of either Livanto or Volluto Grand Cru
- 3 cl / 1 oz of hazelnut syrup
- a pinch of hazelnut powder
- 10 cl / 3_5 oz of milk
- Aeroccino milk frother or your Nespresso machine’s steam nozzle, or the Lattissima+ machine
- Cappuccino Cup (170 ml / 6 oz)
- Ritual Cappuccino
- Blend the hazelnuts powder and the sugar
- Put it on an oven tray into the oven
- Roast until they get a nice golden brown colour
- Pour the syrup and the milk in the Aeroccino milk frother or use the steampipe of your Nespressomachine to make milkfroth
- Prepare the capsule of either Livanto or Volluto Grand Cru in espresso (40 ml / 1
- 5 oz)
- Pour the espresso in the Cappuccino cup and place the milkfroth with the caramelized hazelnut powder on top
Feeling a little more festive? Get into the holiday spirit with this Gingerbread Coffee recipe below!
A mouth-watering new take on a sweet and spicy classic, warm and generous, superbly balanced, divinely fragrant and ever-so comforting.
- capsule of either Cosi or Decaffeinato Grand Cru
- 125 g / 4_5 oz of butter
- 90 g / 3_2 oz of cane sugar
- teaspoons of honey
- 350 g / 12_5 oz of flour
- teaspoon of ginger
- teaspoon of cinnamon
- Sugar sprinkles
- Glass Espresso
- Stir the butter, the sugar and the honey together, add the egg
- Add the flour, the ginger and form a ball with the dough
- Cool it one hour in the fridge
- Preheat the oven on 180°C / 356 Fahrenheit
- Roll the dough on the form, cut little forms with a knife of with a form
- Decorate with some sugar
- Let it bake for 10min
- Serve with Roma Grand Crus