This post was sponsored by Dove, Nexxus, TRESemmé and Shoppers Drug Mart via Mode Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, who is a paid influencer, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dove, Nexxus, TRESemmé and Shoppers Drug Mart.
Errands, gym, the office and everywhere in between, I need a hair style to keep up with my ongoing to-do list this season. That is why I am obsessed with the Undone Bun. In an instant, with the help of a few of my go-to products from Shoppers Drug Mart, I can achieve an effortless look that keeps up with my jam packed summer schedule. Do you want to know the best part about this summer hair trend? It doesn’t have to be freshly washed hair! Check out how I get my hair back on track for a perfect summer style.
How I Get My Undone Bun
1. The day before, I wash my hair with Nexxus® Lavish Volume Shampoo and Nexxus® Sublime Volume Conditioner available at Shoppers Drug Mart. I love how this combo gives me that luscious volume that lasts for days. Plus, the conditioner’s dual-action formula contains Fibre Actives™ that repair hair internally with Ginseng and Flax Seed Oil that cleanses as it adds natural, healthy-looking fullness.
2. Since it is my day-two hair, it is in desperate need of a quick pick-me- up: I use my Dove® Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo from Shoppers Drug Mart to refresh my oily strands at the back of my head and through my part. I am always sure to rub it in so it can absorb the excess oil and leave me with fresh volumized hair.
3. Then, I finger comb my hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic.
4. Next, I twist my ponytail around base of elastic and casually secure to base with another elastic. Don’t worry if some pieces look loose- that’s the whole idea!
5. Finally I pull my hair around my scalp to loosen up the hold. This is key, so my style doesn’t look too polished.
6. Lastly, I secure my bun with some extra bobby pins where needed and voila, I now have a perfectly undone bun that will keep up with my forever growing to do list this season!
TRESemmé, Nexxus and Dove, all available at your local Shoppers Drug Mart, have all the right products to help me get all the latest summer trends. Whether it’s a braided up-do for the local patio or loose tousled waves for that effortless beach look, they have everything I need. To check out more looks and complete your To’ Do List this summer go to www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/optimum-new/offers-new/todolist-may28-jun10
What is your go to summer hair trend? Let me know in the comments below!
A big thanks to Cute Polish for producing this video!
Photos: Lively Creative Co.