Stephanie Kathleen and I’s love for high-end products beauty are strong, but sometimes our wallets don’t agree! So, I thought I would get the scoop from local makeup artist and bestie on how to get the look of designer products without putting a dent in your wallet!
A warning, Stepahnie Kathleen says that finding the right products on a budget can sometimes be a hassle, but once you do it is well worth it! She loves to use affordable foundation like L’Oreal’s new Infallible Total Cover when possible for her everyday looks on herself. Especially because you use so much more of it in a given week.
Most importantly, she says that finding products that are right for you skin is key, and applying them with the right techniques and tools can make them even better!
Be sure to look for products that have good pigmentation and colour payoff, have a variety of shades to choose from and of course are budget friendly!
Stephanie Kathleen’s Steps to get the Look
- Always start with a clean, moisturized face. This will make sure that all of your makeup glides on and stays throughout the day!
- Colour correcting can be a girl’s best friend when you haven’t had the best nights sleep and need to cover under eye circles or you have a blemish that just won’t quit. With L’Oreals new Infallible Total Cover’s range of colours you can customize what works best for your skin type and trouble areas to hide any imperfections.
- When using a makeup sponge to apply foundation, you want to keep it damp so that it doesn’t absorb too much of the product and transfers to your skin effortlessly and evenly for a flawless finish. Start by running it under water and then squeezing out the excess. L’Oreal’s Infallible Total Cover’s creamy, mousse like foundation goes a long way, so be sure to be keep that in mind when applying the product. I like to apply it to the back of my hand and pick it up with the makeup sponge to apply, this way I have full control of how much or little applies to the skin. Apply more layers in any spots you feel is needed, this product has great coverage and is buildable.
- I love the L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover’s concealer palette and the fact that I can blend shades together to get the perfect tone. Whether I want a brighter under eye, or a more muted look, I have the options in front of me. I like to blend the colours on the back of my hand for this as well so that I can not only customize the shade, but also warm the product up slightly before applying it to the face with my fingertip. I then go in with my damp sponge to make sure it blends seamlessly into the foundation. If you decided to colour correct, you should only need a small amount of concealer!
- When it comes to shadow, For this look, I decided to stick with warm neutral tones and let the L’Oreal Voluminous Liner Noir steal the show. Work slowly when applying liner and build as you go, a wing is a great way to spruce up any look!
- Finally to add to Amanda’s pregnancy glow, I applied a light layer of L’oreal True Match blush to the apples of her cheek. I like to go very light handed when applying blush, you can always add more but it can be difficult to blend out and look natural if you go in too harshly to begin with.
Shop the Post
What are your go to everyday beauty products? Let us know in the comments below!